My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried everything to get this to run checked fuel pump took off both carbs cleaned them but will not run unles you spray gas into carbs

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not getting fuel

Sounds like a fuel passage in the carb still blocked. OR the fuel shut off solenoid is not getting the required voltage. If it is equipped with a fuel shut off solenoid it will have round cylinder looking thing on the carb below the fuel bowl with a wire going to it. To test it make sure everything is quiet and switch the key on you should hear a click. If you hear a click then the solenoid is OK, if you don't hear the click then either the solenoid is bad or it is not getting voltage. Good luck!!:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
You didn't say what kind of vehicle the engine is in. I am running an Ariens ZTR and my dealer warned me that it has a "history" that the fuel pickup line INSIDE the fuel tank may swell and fall off the nipple. He told me if evrything seems fine, but the engine just won't start, to check that feul line. Apparently gas with ethanol has a tendency to exasperate this problem by swelling the lines.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have already tested both of the fuel solenoids and the vaccum fuel pump that feeds the carbs all seen to be working well and replaced all the fuel lines

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same engine and one of my cylinders run but has to be choked and the other I have to diconect the choke and spay gas into the carb then both cylinders run, a small engine guy told me he wants to take the carbs in and he will get them working proper. But I am skepticle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts