My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a quart of good two cycle oil for my lawnmower snow blower. what are my choices

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Echo Powerblend is the best sold.. People will tell you to use this that or the other thing.. But I've never had one issue with Echo.. No Smoke, Beautiful engine internals even after hours and hours of heavy running..

And it's pretty cheep.

-Stan

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have used Opti 2 since 1985 results as with the same Capstan. Mixed at the Opti 2 ratio not the engine manufactuers. A bit expensive but works good. Roger

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Like Capstan, I've used Echo Powerblend for a while and it works well for me. I think it's a very good oil. Also, Shindaiwa Red Armor, which will probably phase out Powerblend eventually, due to the merger of Echo and Shindaiwa, is a top notch oil. The Powerblend is a synthetic blend, and the Red Armor is a full synthetic.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ok...But denmick indicated he had a mower, and a snowblower..and at 50:1...a quart purchase would sorta commit to one brand for a long time...whereas, his interest may have been in choices..to see what he likes best...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use about a quart of 2 cycle oil in a year. My lawnboy alone a half a quart. Snow blower, blower/vac, string trimmer. echo does not sell a quart. I guess when I am down to my last 2.6 oz can i will buy a gallon.I can't seen to find a quart bottle from a good mfg.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ok...doing the math, looks like 1 qt would make about 12-13 gal of "Mix"...Youre right, thats not a huge amount ...Guess its just my amazement of the amount of 2 stroke machines [and lack of 4 stroke?] that you guys are using.....

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Ok...doing the math, looks like 1 qt would make about 12-13 gal of "Mix"...Youre right, thats not a huge amount ...Guess its just my amazement of the amount of 2 stroke machines [and lack of 4 stroke?] that you guys are using.....
I use mostly 4 stroke stuff actually.. But You'd be surprised how much weedwhackers and blowers alone use.. And I'm not even commercial..

I use a 2 cycle Lawn-Boy for my fine cutting work and a 4 stroke for my rough cutting work.. but I still end up going through far more premix than straight gas.

-Stan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts