My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting this tractor this weekend and I have some questions about the tractor. It is a 1974 or possibly 1975 Dynamark 8/36. It has a blown engine and is very, very rusty. am just wondering if anyone else on here has one or has seen one like this before. Also what is the origanl colors supposed to be? I would like to rebuild the origanal motor but I might install a 11 HP Briggs for now just to get it running. I am not going to make it a off roader or make it a racer, this will be a trailer puller and brush mower unless I restore it, then it will be a trailer queen. I belive this model has a cigerette lighter and a couple gueges. It is one of the oldest Dynamarks I have ever seen. I can get a few more similar to this but newer for about $25 each at a old lawn mower graveyard a few miles away. I got this one because it is the oldest. It should be delivered on Sunday so when I get it I will get more photos

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Looks like that will be a pretty neat project. We'll look forward to seeing the progress. And of course, you know we love pictures:pics:so be sure to take plenty of them to share.

You're lucky to have a mower bone yard near you. I've yet to fins one anywhere near where I live.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Found this one, looks like it may be the original paint,

An 11/36 Before and after

Hope this helps! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Looks like the first paint scheme I found with red hood, white grill area and black fenders and running boards.
Looks to be somewhat complete, less a seat. Are you going to restore it original now that you have it and you see what you have?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Cool machine! That will be a fun project.

Hope you decide to post the progress here!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once I get it running I am going to restore the deck and get new belts but I will leave the aged look of the tractor. It took over 3 decades for it to look like this so I am just going to leave it alone. As for the deck I am going to completly restore it because I want to use this as a everyday grass cutter

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I don't know the exact techniques myself but I know there are some products to use on old stuff to keep the aged look but preserve it from further deterioration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what I have heard is you can clear coat it and it will preserve the look and you can still wash it and get it dirty without further damage to the look

1 - 9 of 9 Posts