My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and picked up this little Gem today.. Payed $150 for it.. Which may seem high.. But it very rare to find a machine this old with NO RUST! :2th:

Engine needs a carb clean.. Takes an overly long time to warm up on choke.

It needed a Sheer pin, And One of the augers is slightly bent from hitting something (Which I imagined broke the sheer pin)

But it works great.. Throws the lighter snow a good 8-9 Feet in the air and the heavy, wet plow packed slush about 4 feet in the air..

Sorry for only one Picture.. That was just a quick snap.. We are supposed to get some more snow overnight (I'm Excited now!) And I'll take some Photos and videos tomorrow.

Cheers all.
-Stan :2th:

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's a nice machine! :cool Congrats, you'll be able to put a lot of use into it. Looks like it would be fun to use too!

I don't think you over paid at all; I picture that listed here for around $250-$300 all day.

Keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
If you get yourself that truck you were talking about, you could run that Ariens into the back and go into business clearing drives.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy never called me back about the truck (CL!! Yay!) So I have no idea what happened to it...

There was no snow last night.. Which is a shame.. So.. No more pictures until we get some I suppose..

-Stan

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Is that the Ariens that was convertible? I foolishly let dad sell ours with the original mower and blower! My uncle/grandmother owned it until their deaths. I used it for many years! We never used the mower and in early 2000's unfroze everything on mower and used it some! Worked like a pro mower! Dad accidentally cut off our shepherd's tail with it ( long story, she was "scutting on her butt dad could not hold the mower back due to weight! ) Dad disliked it after that! Great machine otherwise!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am Unsure if it's a convertible one.. It may be though. As I think the leaver on the handle says "Attachment Clutch" So it may very well be able to have other attachments.. I believe they made a Mower, Snowblower, And Leaf vac..

EricJr16 said:
Dad accidentally cut off our shepherd's tail with it
Rats.. I hate when that happens! :ROFL

Seriously though.. That's a bummer.. I'm assuming the dog was alright in other aspects though.. I hope so anyway..

-Stan

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
ad accidentally cut off our shepherd's tail with it ( long story, she was "scutting on her butt dad could not hold the mower back due to weight! )
That's awful! Hopefully it wasn't as graphic and painful for the dog as it sounds. :bag:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

-Stan

The reason these pictures are hosted externally is because I am nearly out of storage now and am going to have to start deleting things to make room and I don't want to do that..

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
It looks like it did a great job!

How does the riding mower do in the snow?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Hey guys, thank God she was ok. Was scary though and expensive! Looks like our Blower Kori! Looks like it did a great job! Had to use my Jacobsen today only thing working right? Thank God it fired up!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Austen said:
It looks like it did a great job!

How does the riding mower do in the snow?
I honestly don't know.. I've never driven it in the snow.. I may do that as we are getting another 2-3 inches overnight tonight.. But I don't really want to drive it with the deck on and don't really want to take the deck off.. As I think it would be a bugger to get back on.

Bruce Woodburn said:
Nice. Going to have to call you the Ariens man.
I suppose you could.. I sure do like Ariens products.. Ariens says my picture of the Ariens logo (First picture) May win the photo contest they are holding currently.. Who knows..

Apparently, This machine can have attachments.. More on that later..

Cheers
-Stan

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are some of the Attachments.. I cant seem to find a complete list..

Going to message Ariens later today..

From what I can find, There were about 3 sizes of Snowblower you could have.. And About 4 mower decks.. With up to 4 blades!!

Chipper shredders, At least 2 models to choose from.

A leaf vac, A water pump, A snow plow, And a dethatcher..

However.. I've only ever seen the mower and leaf vac in real life.. When I was down in PA my grandparents neighbor had one of the 2 blade mower decks and a leaf vac for his SNO-THRO

No motor, I haven't started looking yet.. I doubt I will find anything.. But you never no I suppose.. Ariens were and are still very popular where I live...

-Stan

Attachments

1 - 20 of 58 Posts