My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there's a long story here. No sense on going into it, but this has been keeping me occupied for a while now. It's nearly done. I also just picked up 3 others to go along with it. It's a 1969 Ski Doo Olympique 320. The hood is still in the shop, finishing decals now. Should be up and running in a week or so now.

Just today tracked down a 'Bushwhacker' bumper for it.. so that's going on too. Been a long project, but worth it. How's she look?

· Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Nice resto! Those machines bring back a lot of memories.

Back then, our first machine was a 1970 Nordic, with a 1971 Elan
added to the mix for me (I was 14) the following year.

The year after that my Dad traded the Elan in on a 1972, 640 Nordic,
with factory reverse, and I moved up to the '70 Nordic. I liked two
things about moving up to the Nordic, more power with the 399 engine,
the Elan had the 250, and the 18" track, the Elan had the 15-incher.

Actually the 1972 Nordic hung around in our barn until last summer, which
is when it was sold to a friend of our son's who collects old Bombardiers.

Back in the day I can remember going over to one of my Dad's close
friends who used to race for a local dealer. He had one whole room
of his house filled with trophies that he won on his "Blizzard's."

· Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Found some videos on You Tube of snowmobiles being raced on the dragstrip. Geez, they would put a hurting on cars!

· Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Too funny!

· Registered
219 Posts
Looking good!! I have had a few of the Bubble nose Ski Doo and I still have one! They made the Bubble Nose or Black Stripe till 70. My friend has a Nice 70 Olympic with the 399 twin 24HP.. The Nordic came out in 69 and had a sleeker look to them. By 71 Olympic and Nordic looked similar. I just sold my 71 Nordic 399 I rebuilt from a box of parts. in spring of 2015. Current Vintage working on sled 75 Arctic Cat ElTigre 340. Crank seals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.