My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to keep my standard of being eclectic I had to add this one to my collection. I got her from a friend who has an interest in full size tractors and wanted to get rid of this one. After a little wheeling and dealing, bartering and finagling, she was delivered to my door on a JD green and yellow trailer which was pulled by an IH Cub. :cool

She needs this and that and some more of the other stuff but I just think it's really cool so that's all that matters. My wife and daughter thinks its cute too.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Very nice!!

It looks fully restored? That's a great one to add to the collection for sure! :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Wow! That old girl look great! You scored Bruce! I see the resemblance to the Suburban I own! Mine is a 1967 SS10. Yours is much simpler to mess with! Good luck with it and have fun with it!

Reactions: Five Points

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Hey Bruce, how does it drive? Looks so bare bones compared to the new machine we mess with, even bare by my SS10 standards?! I bet the simple ness of it is refreshing!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Eric, unfortunately she'll be another project as she is yard art at the present. I need to go through the ignition, carb/fuel system and it needs a steering gear. I just wanted to get it before it was gone as these are not to plentiful down here. I'd be in a lot of trouble if I lived up north where good ole stuff is a bit more plentiful! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Well Eric, unfortunately she'll be another project as she is yard art at the present. I need to go through the ignition, carb/fuel system and it needs a steering gear. I just wanted to get it before it was gone as these are not to plentiful down here. I'd be in a lot of trouble if I lived up north where good ole stuff is a bit more plentiful! ;)
Another project! Man I wish I did NOT have so many! :)
We got two machines along today and removed two engines from tractors! Got a lot done!
You will have fun with it, a real cool machine! Hard to come by. I saw three like my SS10,beat all up though and big money!?
Was blessed to get ours!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update:

Well, I think the hood and grill is from a 725 but the rest is a 600

This is what the 600 should look like

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sometimes that happens.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Now you have something to fill up all your spare time, hunting for the original 600 parts :)

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well actually I have learned that it is a 1962 725. There were two versions, one had the electric start package and the other had a pull start. (Mine) :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
in blue and white, it is very striking visually :)

Get her running and get into the local parades for the 4th of July, Veterans Day, etc. Looks to be perfect parade tractor as well as a worker :)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts