My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this sitting on the curb last night... The date code says it's a '60 and it looks the part..

It looks alright, But the engine is screwed Not a Pound of compression in the cylinder... Thought it was the valves.. But they seem to work perfectly and seal fine.. so I'm thinking cracked head or block somewhere..

Amazingly though, the old points still deliver a bright blue spark and frankly based on the age of the points this is well....er... "Shocking" :sorry:

As such, If anyone in the northern Ohio area would like it.. Please send me a PM... It really is a cool old thing.

I will say though, If it isn't gotten.. It will go from which it came.

Now for some Pictures!

I'm thinking it might have the wrong cover perhaps, as it doesn't have an Oil bath air filter, Or a fuel line.

-Stan

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't know anything about these really, but it looks to me like an early repower. Motor doesn't look original, but may be time period correct or at least a few years after it was new.

Nice find Stan!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, It runs!

Dad and I were messing around a bit and it made this incredible BANG And then just started idling *pop* *pop* *pop*..

I cant believe how smoothly this thing runs.. It just sits there and idles so low you can count the flywheel screen rotations... It revs up fine too.

I made A video.. It will be up shortly!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
:ThumbUp: Thanks for posting the video. Considering its age, and the fact that it doesn't appear to be burning oil, somebody has taken good care of this machine.

The deck is a copy of the Lawn-Boy staggered wheel deck of that era.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's pretty cool!!

It looks like it's in straight shape too. :ThumbUp:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:ThumbUp: Thanks for posting the video. Considering its age, and the fact that it doesn't appear to be burning oil, somebody has taken good care of this machine.

The deck is a copy of the Lawn-Boy staggered wheel deck of that era.
It burns a little bit.. but for an engine of its age It's incredible how little it burns..

Eric, I doubt I will be coming to NY... But hey, If you wanted to meet somewhere.. Something could be arranged!

-Stan

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
You're not going to keep it?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Nice find there Kori and good job getting her going and cleaned up.
BTW, You should know better than mowing with Crocks on.... :ROFL
:bag:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts