My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, had this mower since new and its starting to have some problems. First off notice that the cage for the recoil is starting to get oily. Would this be the failure of the upper crank seal? If so can someone provide steps or a link to how to replace it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Best thing to do is Clean the engine off, that way you can tell where the leak is coming from, but most likely it is the top seal leaking, i would remove the recoil, and see if it is oily around the flywheel and under it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Scrubcadet10, had a heck of a time getting logged back in! Anyways I watched that video and am guessing it will be similar getting the upper seal out. Need to get a tool to pull the flywheel and find a parts diagram of the engine to show me the correct seal to buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok parts got here and I pulled off the top of the engine. Well the flywheel is completely clean as is the cylinder and everything below so not sure what's going on. Maybe something to do with the breather assm as it was oily. I took it apart and cleaned it as well as the recoil assm and now will see what happens. Thanks again Scrubcadet10 for your replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts