RZ5426 drive problem - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
Tech Exchange Discussion Area Want to discuss one of the articles in the Tech Exchange forum? This is the place!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Fox

RZ5426 drive problem

I have an RZ5426 that I got about 3 years ago. 1st time trying to use a for the year it didn't want to go forward, especially uphill. Backwards works fine. Right side seems to work a little better than left. Was getting a slight belt squeek. So ordered ground drive belt. Got replaced today. It works better but still not like it should. What else could cause this? This is my 1st zero turn mower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:49 AM
Administrator

Garage
Since it goes backward okay wonder if it could be linkage on the controls adjustment? Make sure your bypass valves are closed, by the manual looks to be two of them. Also looks like there is some sort of a tracking adjustment knob on it to balance the speed versus lever position on both sides.

Mark - 2002 John Deere LT150H

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Fox

Can you give me a little direction on how to check those things? I an mechanically inclined but very unfamiliar with these mowers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:02 AM
Administrator

Garage
You can download a user manual here if you don't already have one:

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/support/manuals-downloads/

That is what I was looking at. I would just have someone on the seat and with the engine off have them move the control levers and the brake and look underneath to make sure the linkages look to be moving an equal distance from forward to backward. Looks like it has a disk brake on the drives so you should see the linkages move to the calipers and make sure they are releasing.

I don't have personal experience with this mower myself. I use a Wright Stander ZTR at work but it is driven a bit different with the pumps and wheel motors two separate units on each side. Yours appears to have a single pump and drive combined into one unit on both sides. Uusually with your setup I would expect once side or the other to not be moving if it was a problem with the transmissions. Since your problems seem to be somewhat equal on both sides I would more expect the issue to be belt (which you already changed) or maybe belt is not tight enough. But since it goes backward okay thinking maybe brake or that adjustment to balance out the speed on both or the linkages more likely suspect.

But that is all just my theory playing armchair quarterback.

Mark - 2002 John Deere LT150H

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page