When I go to full throttle it seems to be not as high as it has been in the past. - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
General Lawnmower Repair Have a question not brand-specific? Ask it here. Changing oil, sharpening a blade, changing a spark plug? Ask your questions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-21-2020, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

When I go to full throttle it seems to be not as high as it has been in the past.

I have a Toro Groundmaster 120 with Koler twin V the engine doesn't seem to revup as high

When I go to full throttle it seems to be not as high as it has been in the past. When I turn on the blades it doesn't come up to speed full speed and boggs down. I have changed the fuel and plugs and oil filter and oil and also the fuel.
When i push on the lever where that spring connects to in the one picture the engine revs up. Something maybe governor .
Anyone have any ideas what is wrong.?????????????????

Hope some one can help me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6090.JPG (2.19 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6091.JPG (2.17 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6092.JPG (2.25 MB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 07:47 AM

Yes sir, I believe you may be running on just one cylinder. Exact same symptoms I experienced a year ago.

To test this theory: Take a pair of pliers with rubber grips. With engine running pull a spark plug wire off. If the engine keeps running you know the opposite cylinder is still working. If engine dies you know the opposite cylinder is not working. If it continued to run. Kill engine. Hook up spark plug wire again. Start engine. Then disconnect the opposite side spark plug wire.

I had same problem on a commercial zero turn a while back. It ended up being a bent push rod that wasn't allowing a valve to open/close.

Hope this helps.

Tango sends...

Tango (Tom)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in