Clutch pedal safety switch...JD LA135 - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
General Lawnmower Repair Have a question not brand-specific? Ask it here. Changing oil, sharpening a blade, changing a spark plug? Ask your questions here!

4Likes
  • 3 Post By jtclays
  • 1 Post By suspicionofignorance

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Clutch pedal safety switch...JD LA135

My neighbor asked me to look into his "No crank" condition on his 10 yr old JD La135.....I know it's the clutch pedal safety switch no longer working , as it was acting up last fall...I did a quick Hot wire jump tonight to verify it's the only problem...it was...I told him I'll hot wire it tomorrow to enable to get it over to my garage...I'm getting too old...Not sure I can still squirm on the floor to attempt to locate that safety switch....Does anyone have prior experience in getting to it...? Seems it's buried inside the channel of the frame....?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:23 AM

SOI, I think it's up on top of the frame, at the base of the tower. If you get to your fuel filter, look back toward the tower base, under all the grass clippings, you should see it snugged in there next to the gold colored rod for the brake lock.
Mark / Ohio, Ericjr16 and keakar like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtclays For This Useful Post:
suspicionofignorance (05-10-2019)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Dah......! You sure were correct...That switch is easy to get to afterall..I got totally off course when looking at the actual foot pedal going into the frame,, and saw the rod on the JD parts blowup diagram..of course...switch wasn't shown..but I figured it had to be in the frame channel......Never had this problem on few JD's I've worked on...On top, behind the eng, I found the switch laying there...it popped off the mount...Seems weak plastic..but I reinstalled it on the mount...All is fine...Neighbor needed it today...but he will be bringing it to me for annual service next month....Maybe I'll take a tie strap to the switch...insurance it won't pop off again...Thnx for the info...
keakar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page