My Lawnmower Forum banner

Honda HRS21 Help

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tabora 
#1 ·
I picked up a Honda HRS21 push mower and it had no spark. I checked the old coil and it was bad. A replacement coil is NLA. The mower has a GXV110 engine. I found a aftermarket coil on eBay that was advertised to fit a GXV110 engine, along with others. The coil is different but would bolt up and I had to install a longer plug wire. I installed the coil and a new auto lite spark plug that matched the old one. I then checked for spark and appeared to be weak. I could put a little gas in the carburetor throat and after about 30 pulls it would finally fire on the gas. I then told the seller of the coil that I had weak spark. They sent me another one and now I have no spark. What is wrong here? Please help, it is being very aggravating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I put a screwdriver on top of the coil with the magnets under the coil and it pulled the screwdriver to the magnets. Is there anything else on the magnets I should check? The aftermarket looks different than the oem coil but it bolts up. If I get a better brand of aftermarket coil will it be better? I can’t use a oem coil because they have a non replaceable wire. The oem coil that fits my mower is NLA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.