My Lawnmower Forum banner

Toro personal pace

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Mark / Ohio 
#1 ·
My toro is hard starting, it floods after a few pulls.When it does start it runs fine.

#5 ·
Tecumseh's do not have auto choke. If it is an auto choke, it is probably a Briggs and Stratton. Check the needle and seat in the carburetor.

Reactions: acer
#4 ·
Hard start when cold or when hot or both? :Thinking hard:

The auto choke could be the issue but wanted to pin down the engine make/model first to look up an exploded view to see what type it had. :Reading: Some used a thermal pull off spring on the exhaust, some just had an internal carb spring that pushed on the choke at full throttle, another I recall had sort of a wax motor setup that when it warmed up would pull off the choke. When you get your model number make note of the serial number as well because parts are often different depending on serial number range. :Thumb up:

#7 ·
serial number is 0903035779341, model 21038 20334, briggs 190cc,year2009. I cleaned the spings and outside of carb with brake cleaner and sprayed carb cleaner inside carb let it sit over night and now it starts. Will see if it continues to start.Should I run seafoam through it once in awhile or is that useless.

#8 ·
Good. If not, clean the main jet in the carburetor. It is the bottom bolt that holds the bowl on.

Reactions: acer
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.