renting push mowers - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
Lawn Mower Main Forum This is the main MyLawnMower Forum discussion forum. Here you can discuss the latest lawnmowers, and other lawn care machinery.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2020, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Question renting push mowers

I have been using an old walk behind push mower for the past 2-3 years. It was the first power tool I bought for my yard, and it was worth every penny. Recently, it is making some strange noises, and some black like pollutant smoke comes from its motor. I went to the store where I bought from, but only now I came to know that it has gone out of business. I had no clue what to do next, and I decided to take it to stores where they repair these old models but in vain. Nowadays it's hard to get parts because most of the parts are not available. The shop owner made me aware that it's time to change it and get updated and it's much easier to operate power equipment. But it was a rough time for me, and I decided to have an option to rent the equipment. I came across several websites of power rental equipments, as I am new to renting such a heavy power tool, could someone advise me if renting such equipment is wise or not and what should I look out for?

DB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2020, 12:20 PM

Welcome to MLF daniel. If your mower is only a few years old, parts are usually still available, depending on the manufacturer. Posting more info about the make and model or a few pictures would help with recommendations. Describing your issues with the mower would also help.

I don't know how much a rental mower costs, but the purchase of a mower seems a better choice since one could be had brand new for $150 and up depending on the features you want/need.If you cut your lawn once a week or even once a month, the purchase would pay back quickly versus renting.

If your current mower is no frills and cheap, then purchasing parts to repair may not be cost efficient.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2020, 07:40 AM

A fellow I know was renting a mower for 35 dollars/use. He had to pick it up and take it back to the rental place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page