Tractor Seat Collects Water - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
Lawn Mower Main Forum This is the main MyLawnMower Forum discussion forum. Here you can discuss the latest lawnmowers, and other lawn care machinery.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Tractor Seat Collects Water

I have a Craftsman LT2000 Series tractor that seems to be collecting liquid INSIDE the seat. I've had this mower for about 10 years and noticed a liquid sloshing sound when tipping the seat forward somewhere around year 2. It seems to collect more every year and now some is very slowly leaking out when tipped just right. By "just right" I mean removed from the tractor you can tilt it in the right direction to get a few drops out before tilting it again. You cannot feel the water in the seat when sitting on it so it's more of an annoyance than an issue. I bought this tractor new and have never stored it outdoors, it's always in the garage. I've also never used it in the rain.

Question #1: How the **** does the water get into the seat?

Question #2: How the **** do I get the water out? Can I drill a small hole somewhere on the bottom to quickly drain this? What I'm doing now seems like it will take hours.

Question #3: What can I do to prevent this from continuing?

Tractor is model 247.288851.
Seat is part# 757-04145.

Thanks,
Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Garage
Never heard that complaint before about one stored inside. Maybe condensation from temperature changes overtime? I would try a small weep hole at the lowest point in the bottom. Far as I know they don't come filled from the factory with any type filling other then foam.

Mark - 2002 John Deere LT150H

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark / Ohio View Post
Never heard that complaint before about one stored inside. Maybe condensation from temperature changes overtime? I would try a small weep hole at the lowest point in the bottom. Far as I know they don't come filled from the factory with any type filling other then foam.
maybe its from when he washes it

it most often gets in when the seat separates from the plastic shell

just flip seat up, find the lowest point when the seat is in riding position and mark a spot to drill a hole in it to let the water drain out

i had a few with this issue and yes its puzzling how the water gets in there

You can only learn if you ask the question, so there are no dumb questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page