Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum

-   Lawn Mower Main Forum (https://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/forum/42-lawn-mower-main-forum/)
-   -   Simplicity lagacy xl 27hp bogging (https://www.mylawnmowerforum.com/forum/42-lawn-mower-main-forum/66217-simplicity-lagacy-xl-27hp-bogging.html)

Carlos24 05-07-2019 06:52 PM

Simplicity lagacy xl 27hp bogging

I have a simplicity lagacy xl 27hp tried mowing and motor boggs down or doesn't get up to speed when PTO is pulled I messed around with wiring and made 3 passes on my yard as normal then bogged down again I'm pretty good with mowers and engines so I've done all the obvious checks but this is crazy any help would be appreciated.

Mark / Ohio 05-08-2019 01:40 AM

Make sure the vent on the fuel tank is not plugged. Loosen the cap when it acts up and see if that changes anything. I would lean more to a fuel delivery problem over electrical. Maybe plugged jet in the carb or lack of fuel getting to the carb. Then when engine needs more fuel for the load of the bladed it can't get it.

Carlos24 05-08-2019 05:48 AM

Mark i was thinking the same not enough fuel I'll check the cap when I get off work today now that I think about it the fuel filter didn't look like it has allot of fuel in it.

Carlos24 05-08-2019 03:18 PM

Well not gas cap vent and appears to be getting plenty of fuel to the filter acts like the governer isn't working does it even when the PTO is off just not as noticable.

Tango 05-14-2019 08:43 PM

Carlos24,
Please let me know what you determine. I just got a big Hustler commercial zero turn with the 26 HP kawazaki engine that is doing exact same thing. RPMs go down and stay down when PTO is engaged, if I hit some tall grass it drops even lower. All i've had time to check thus far were the spindles and all of them spin freely with no wobble. I was suspecting a partially clogged jet/port in the carb as well.

Tango sends...