My Lawnmower Forum banner

bagger vs. lawn sweeper

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  topher5150 
#1 ·
I was hoping to get my bagger set up going for my 260, but I'm having a hard time finding the assembly that attaches to the deck (BM18345) and the chute without either buying an entire system, or paying out the nose for either option.
Would a used yard sweeper be a good option?

#2 ·
I've had a pull behind for a long time. Kind of depends on your yard, grass, and what your trying to sweep how well it will work for you. They work best if you have an open area where you can keep going without a lot of turns. How fast the brush turns is dependent on wheel speed. So when your going slow around something it does not sweep as well as when your rolling along on a straight path. Next thing is your lawn, how rough and uneven it is. If your have a nice level lawn where you can set the sweeping height and go is best. If you have bare spots, thick grass spots, and humps it tends to either be too low and the brush hits the soil and stops turning or two high and your debris makes it past the brush without being picked up. Leaves buried down in the grass tend not to pickup well. Mostly what I use mine for is to pickup thatch after de-thatching. Being light and dry grass laying up on top it works pretty well for that. Leaves it does okay but needs emptied a lot unless you mulch them up with the blades first. I 99% of the time just mulch and if I have some clumps left behind then use the sweeper to pickup the excess.

#3 ·
I live on a big half acre with six trees, but I usually use the push mower around the trees, bushes, house etc... it's fairly a level piece of land.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.