Husqvarna yth22v46 carb riding mower - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
Lawn Mower Main Forum This is the main MyLawnMower Forum discussion forum. Here you can discuss the latest lawnmowers, and other lawn care machinery.

4Likes
  • 1 Post By Carolynski
  • 1 Post By jtclays
  • 1 Post By Carolynski
  • 1 Post By Carolynski

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

I’ve got a Husqvarna yth22v46 with a Briggs 22hp that I picked up for a friend from a shop that was taking forever to fix it. Unfortunately everything was still apart when I got it.
Can anyone take a couple pics of their carb to show me how the linkage goes on the carburetor? I don’t think I have the little springs right. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 69466822-6581-4EFC-B96A-9E112435CD99_1530718834729.jpeg (1.03 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg F1FD675F-1353-4EBA-B028-C74A83A3C4CD_1530718948787.jpeg (2.29 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg CBFD70CC-C758-4125-A541-77BFF051BE61_1530719003542.jpeg (2.44 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg image_1530719051451.jpg (1.92 MB, 10 views)

Last edited by Carolynski; 07-04-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 12:17 PM

well the plastic thingy on the choke rod with the red dot gets turned 90 degrees clockwise and the rod snaps into that slot in the plastic holder.

on the carbs i worked on, the throttle rod on the right hand side didnt have anything crimped onto it, that appears to be some home made "rigging" for something, but i cant imagine what for. this is what it looks like "unrigged" https://www.ebay.com/itm/Briggs-Stra...item3d69cb08b7

it just goes straight up and hooks onto the carb throttle butterfly shaft but it needs to be connected with the carb off the manifold or its near impossible to get it on, then with carbs mounted to manifolds, the hook part just hooks onto the spot its hooked to in your picture and then you can align and bolt the manifolds onto the engine.

on the few i worked on none had the small "helper" springs on the throttle link rods like you see on single cylinder engines

also, i cant really tell what im looking at in the first picture with that threaded bolt sticking out, but "if" that is the back side of the carburetor, then it appears the air intake isnt mounted to the carb and that must be done before the intake manifold is installed on the engine

You can only learn if you ask the question, so there are no dumb questions.

Last edited by keakar; 07-04-2018 at 12:36 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Keakar I think I got the carb figured out and it rode great several times but now it won’t start lol all I did was test cut the grass pull it in the driveway and blow the grass off. Now it won’t start humph
keakar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,130 Posts
Is it still getting gas? Check the plugs for wetness and try to get it to fire with carb cleaner spray.

This We'll Defend
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 03:22 PM

Shut the PTO off! Been there, done that too many timesDepending on where you are, it could be a bit of vapor lock too. Try loosening the gas cap. It's been in 90's and humid here for a few days with not a breath of wind. Taking a nice cool tractor out of the garage and running around in this heat can develop some funky condensation.
keakar likes this.

Last edited by jtclays; 07-04-2018 at 03:30 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 04:15 PM

added to the above mentions, make sure the plug hasnt come loose to the fuel solenoid

also check to see if the fuel pump hose to the valve cover is in good shape and that the fuel pump hasnt busted the diaphragm and stopped pumping fuel

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks y’all everything looks good I put a new fuel filter and fuel pump works solenoid is good. Has all clean gas put new plugs in it. Still wouldn’t start so I took apart the carb again and it ran for a few minutes then wouldnt start again.
The original problem was the carb was stuck and flooded into the engine and mix gas with the oil and smoked. A shop had it and told my friend the motor was shot and needed a new mower but it’s only two years old and they wanted $450 just to put it back together if you can believe that. It was just the fuel in the oil that made it smoke and that’s gone now that I’ve changed the oil and filter.
I went ahead and ordered a new carb for it. Hopefully that will do the trick. For $165 for a carb it better lol
keakar likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynski View Post
Thanks yíall everything looks good I put a new fuel filter and fuel pump works solenoid is good. Has all clean gas put new plugs in it. Still wouldnít start so I took apart the carb again and it ran for a few minutes then wouldnt start again.
The original problem was the carb was stuck and flooded into the engine and mix gas with the oil and smoked. A shop had it and told my friend the motor was shot and needed a new mower but itís only two years old and they wanted $450 just to put it back together if you can believe that. It was just the fuel in the oil that made it smoke and thatís gone now that Iíve changed the oil and filter.
I went ahead and ordered a new carb for it. Hopefully that will do the trick. For $165 for a carb it better lol
holy cow man you got robbed, they only cost $40 i buy them all the time https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-...72.m2749.l2649

any way most likely just has trash inside the passages of that carb that flaked off the sides when it started running and clogged something up. i bet if you gave it a goods 24 hr soak in some chem dip carb cleaner can it would run perfect after that.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

This one is a single barrel carb. It’s a 2016 mower and there isn’t an aftermarket carb for it yet. Briggs part number 595216 had to buy oem
keakar likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynski View Post
This one is a single barrel carb. Itís a 2016 mower and there isnít an aftermarket carb for it yet. Briggs part number 595216 had to buy oem
darn ok ya the ones i get are 2 barrel, didnt realize the aftermarket single barrels arent available, thats no fun to drop that much coin but if you need it you need it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page