JOHN DEERE L120 drive belt needs replaceding - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jtclays

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
DJP

JOHN DEERE L120 drive belt needs replaceding

I have a older john Deere riding motor, L120 I need to replace the drive belt. that the belt that works with the transmission, the belt under the seat. I have already taken off the Edge cutting system and put it aside. First problem I see, is the Extension Spring has broken. The back end of the spring has broken off. The drive belt is also broke, and striped down on the side of the belt. I need a picture of the belt guide, so I can see how the belt is aligned up. Also I need to know what parts that I have to take off to put another drive belt on. What support bars, pulleys etc. has to come off to replace the motor drive belt. Is there a site that will let me print out a pictured step by step instruction on how to replace the motor drive belt. My John Deere S#>>GXL120A067917>>my search show I need the replacement belt(GX2006) for this model, Is that correct??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 03:23 AM

there used to be "how to " videos on you tube , maybe that can help you
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 12:57 PM

There are several on YOUTUBE. It is much easier tilting the tractor on it side and doing it rather than trying to lay under it. You may have to take a steering link off to clear the belt. I had an L110 which should be fairly close to your. The keepers near the idlers are the most difficult to get back in order. If your talking about the big spring that just hooks to the frame cross member, you can pull some coils out and make a new hook. I had the same thing happen on my L110. If the belt is already broken, you may need to look at a couple different vids to see the routing. I did a LT160, L110, LX188, and a cheapo Crapsman LT2000. Just be careful right over the trans to not break the fan, they are very weak and easily snap. If your machine has a welded foot pan like the LT160 it's a pain to get up on top of the trans to replace the fan Lot's of "by feel" snap ring placement that may cause the kids to go in the house while dad runs through his frustration thesaurus words listing.
wh55 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page