John Deere 14SB Oil Filter Kit/Adapter - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

John Deere 14SB Oil Filter Kit/Adapter

Hey everyone. Need some assistance in finding the John Deere 14SB Oil Filter Kit or Oil Filter Adapter part #'s AM107350 and/or AM107424. I would like to put one on the 1992 14SB that I have. I know that these are incredibly hard to find now given the oldest models of the 14SB are pushing near 30 years old. I have tried Greenparts Store, Mutton Power, eBay, Amazon and several others with no luck. Global Parts Zone has the Adapter, but their website doesn't work all of a sudden. I have the gasket and the bolts already, but I need that last piece of the puzzle, the adapter. If there is someplace else to look, I would greatly appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 01:29 PM

Assuming this is a Kawasaki , my experience with JD fraud.....er "only buy from us" is to find the actual Kawasaki numbers of the engine/part you need and delete the codes that indicate it's mounted on a JD machine. Kawasaki parts numbers open a whole world of options, just saying. JD doesn't make the engine, but they want you to pay like they did.
14SB9293 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtclays For This Useful Post:
14SB9293 (03-09-2018)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 04:38 PM

This popped up for $62 JOHN DEERE Part # AM107350 KIT » Ainsworth, Broken Bow, Crete, David City, Elkhorn, Geneva, Gretna, McCook, North Paltte, Oberlin, O'Neill, Ord, Osceola, Seward, York and Lincoln Support Office in Nebraska and Kansas
$72 https://weingartz.com/PD/2917528/joh...r-kit-AM107350

I think I'd put a search into ebay and wait a while and see if something pops up. It's how I got an adapter for my JD Kaw FB460V cheap. Don't forget Craigslist too.
wh55, 14SB9293 and jtclays like this.

The advice is free, you get what you pay for
Sears 18hp 46"
Toro WH 265-6 w/38"
JD 160 w/38"
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiss4aFrog For This Useful Post:
14SB9293 (03-09-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys! What sucks is that I have the bolts and gasket but not the pipe! I'll probably hold out for ebay or try to cross reference with Kawasaki somehow.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 12:02 PM

I gotta find my sheet I put in that special spot......you know the spot your wife put the 3 prong adapter to 2 prong for the Christmas lights so you can run the deck lights out of the outdoor lights mounted on the house and use the indoor switch.....so you won't forget where it is. The same one you find 2 days AFTER you bought a new screw in socket to plug adapter and 3 prong to 2 prong adapter. A nice fellow from Kawasaki (a lot of JD power plants are made about 5 miles from my house) gave me a sheet to show actual Kawasaki numbers, vs. the sticker put on JD products. It's basically the last numbers after the dash, to avoid, but not always. He also told me if you get flack from a parts supplier if they ask what the engine is on to say , "my bench, I bought the engine in a box."
dbert, Mark / Ohio, wh55 and 1 others like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtclays For This Useful Post:
14SB9293 (03-11-2018)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtclays View Post
I gotta find my sheet I put in that special spot......you know the spot your wife put the 3 prong adapter to 2 prong for the Christmas lights so you can run the deck lights out of the outdoor lights mounted on the house and use the indoor switch.....so you won't forget where it is. The same one you find 2 days AFTER you bought a new screw in socket to plug adapter and 3 prong to 2 prong adapter. A nice fellow from Kawasaki (a lot of JD power plants are made about 5 miles from my house) gave me a sheet to show actual Kawasaki numbers, vs. the sticker put on JD products. It's basically the last numbers after the dash, to avoid, but not always. He also told me if you get flack from a parts supplier if they ask what the engine is on to say , "my bench, I bought the engine in a box."
Haha! I hear what your saying. Practically all of the Kawasaki FC150V engines put on the 14SB, 14SE, JX75, JE75 mowers that I have seen ended with the 2 letters (AS, CS, ES, GS, JS) then 2 numbers either 00 (Recoil Start) or 01(Electric Start). I will find one somewhere and it doesn't even need to be the whole kit, just the adapter. Tried looking at Kawasaki's website and found the FC150V, but none of the letter number combos were for Deere's from what I could tell. There were some models like the 14ST which didn't have the ability to put the oil filter on it due to the different lower half/engine base. Also, any of the splash lubrication FC150V's were the same way. I still have to check some of these other sites others provided when they are open during their work hours.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Ok. Well This might be a way bit much, but I found an Oil Filter Kit. However, the asking price is $105.00 without shipping? It has never been used though and has the original box, and packaging everything!

There is another one selling on Amazon right now for $235.00! That's ridiculous! That makes the $105.00 look more appealing!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 02:09 AM

Parts are now few and far for the 14SB generation of mowers.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Great News! I finally found one and got it on eBay while I had the chance! Very reasonable price too! I am very happy! Will post a picture once it arrives and is on the machine. I am super pumped! Now both 14SB's will have them! Guess I used a lot of exclamation points. Haha!
Mark / Ohio likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Garage

Mark - 2002 John Deere LT150H

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page