Jacobsen 526a - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By bwdbrn1
  • 1 Post By bwdbrn1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Jacobsen 526a

Can anyone help me date my Jacobsen 526a? Iíve tried the hmfind Jacobsen link, but I canít seem to open it. My serial number is 063285 03135. Any help would sure be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 06:19 PM

Thanked 1,090 Times in 811 Posts
That site seems to have gone into web site history. Unfortunate because it was such a useful tool for fans of the old Jakes.

I’ve seen posters on other forums making reference to doing research on it as late as July of last year but nothing comes up with the link now.

Back when I was doing a lot of work on old Jacobsens, Jacobsen/Textron customer service was very helpful in locating vintage operator manuals in their archives. Many of them were available in PDF form in their discontinued models lists. I don’t know if they can help with providing a year, but who knows.

Take a look around on this page to see if you can find something useful.
https://www.jacobsen.com/americas-ma...nuals?Product=
Austen likes this.

Last edited by bwdbrn1; 10-18-2020 at 06:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bwdbrn1 For This Useful Post:
Austen (10-18-2020)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdbrn1 View Post
That site seems to have gone into web site history. Unfortunate because it was such a useful tool for fans of the old Jakes.

Iíve seen posters on other forums making reference to doing research on it as late as July of last year but nothing comes up with the link now.

Back when I was doing a lot of work on old Jacobsens, Jacobsen/Textron customer service was very helpful in locating vintage operator manuals in their archives. Many of them were available in PDF form in their discontinued models lists. I donít know if they can help with providing a year, but who knows.

Take a look around on this page to see if you can find something useful.
https://www.jacobsen.com/americas-ma...nuals?Product=

I echo Bruce's comments. This site has been around a while and I've always feared to some extent and have often held my breath before clicking on it if one day it would not exist anymore. It looks like that day may have come. I hope they have a copy of it and one way or another it will be able to reappear. It has helped a lot of people over the years and is referenced in quite a few related places on the net.

Bruce has done a lot of research on Jacobsen and has been in contact with the company in the past who has been helpful. I would take his advice and see if they can offer anything. Worth a shot, keep us posted.

"We donít look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." - 2 Corinthians 4:18 1958 Eclipse 32" Speedway l Restored Eclipse Sulky l 1947 Jacobsen 26" Lawn King Jacobsen 36-A Sulky Restored 1949 Jacobsen 20" Lawn Queen l Honda HRB215 l 1977 Economy Tractor l 1971 Bolens 1886-01
The Following User Says Thank You to Austen For This Useful Post:
Reelmowertogo (10-18-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the update on the hmfind/Jacobsen link. You would think Jacobsen would maintain a serial number site. I hope Jacobsen customer service will reply to my inquiry.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2020, 11:12 PM

Try a search through "The Wayback Machine"
It is a web archive site that keeps copies of web pages.
You will have to subscribe to it but a lot of stuff is there.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2020, 11:39 AM

Thanked 1,090 Times in 811 Posts
That’s certainly a good suggestion. I’ll have to try that site out myself.

So far as Jacobsen is concerned, boy for a company with as rich and long a history as theirs, it’s pretty darn nice of them to have done what they have.

Once the inquiries from Jake enthusiasts started coming in they added parts lists/owners manuals for vintage Lawn King, Queen and Prince models to their list of out of production models. Someone way back when thought enough to hand write the model numbers and their years on the cover page of the parts list for the King.
Austen likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bwdbrn1 For This Useful Post:
Austen (10-19-2020)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2020, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

ďThe Wayback MachineĒ has an archive for Jacobsen serial numbers for equipment made before 1975. (www.hmfind/Jac/SerialNumberFinder.aspx) but I could not find anything for newer vintage equipment. Iím a little disappointed because I contacted Jacobsen on their website, but they have not responded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page