Jacobsen 4 Acre - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Jacobsen 4 Acre

Bought this at Portland, Indiana show last year. I probably overpaid since it is stuck and not in the nicest shape but I have never seen one before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1016.jpg (327.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1015.jpg (371.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1014.jpg (333.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by LawnQueen; 02-21-2015 at 09:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LawnQueen For This Useful Post:
bwdbrn1 (02-21-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 09:38 AM

Thanked 1,081 Times in 802 Posts
Now there's a piece of Jacobsen history! Compare it to this one on ebay now, I doubt you paid too much.

You must have a lot of shows and swap meets out your way. I'd like to come to some of the ones you go to, that's for sure.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,344 Times in 1,049 Posts
That is sooo cool!! It's neat to be able to have the very first Jacobsen model made. I'm sure you'll be able to get it unstuck. I tend to think that your success freeing up a vintage engine like this is greater vs a modern engine in the same state because they don't have as tight of tolerances.

I love looking at it and imagining what it would be like to use. One of the neat features about the 4 Acre in particular is the ability to cut drive power from each wheel for easier turning through the handlebar controls. I've never experienced it myself, but it sounds like a great feature for turning. Not sure why they didn't continue using it on other models. It appears yours is the 30" cut.

I've come close to buying two or three of these over the years when I've discovered them online, but haven't pulled the on trigger one yet. I probably should have on one or two but I've just been picky I guess because it always comes down to having to ship them from out of state. They are never located near the west coast.

"We donít look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." - 2 Corinthians 4:18 1958 Eclipse 32" Speedway l Restored Eclipse Sulky l 1947 Jacobsen 26" Lawn King Jacobsen 36-A Sulky Restored 1949 Jacobsen 20" Lawn Queen l Honda HRB215 l 1977 Economy Tractor l 1971 Bolens 1886-01

Last edited by Austen; 02-21-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Stuck or not, still a nice find and thanks for saving her. I can't find things like that down here in FL.
If I did, I would be in a LOT of trouble!

Like us on Facebook!
Guaranteed not to Rust, Bust, Collect Dust, Chip, Peel or Leak at the Seal!
I have to go, Frank and Mike are at the gate.....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,344 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
I can't find things like that down here in FL.
If I did, I would be in a LOT of trouble!

"We donít look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." - 2 Corinthians 4:18 1958 Eclipse 32" Speedway l Restored Eclipse Sulky l 1947 Jacobsen 26" Lawn King Jacobsen 36-A Sulky Restored 1949 Jacobsen 20" Lawn Queen l Honda HRB215 l 1977 Economy Tractor l 1971 Bolens 1886-01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page