Jacobsen Reel Mowers - Page 2 - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 09:22 AM

Thanked 1,081 Times in 802 Posts
Yes, I believe that's what it is. I don't remember if Austen has information about that set up, or not.

Here's what I have for the 24 and 26" Lawn King. On pages 4 and 5 is a description of what they call a suction fuel system. See if it looks familiar.
Lawn King Manual.pdf

Last edited by bwdbrn1; 02-18-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 11:35 AM

Wow, that's some line-up. Pic belongs in a calendar

My first name is Ellis, but for free stuff I'll answer to most anything

Like seeing tractors built from the ground up? From spare parts? If so, check out me and Mike's most excellent Gravely Custom Build and Adventure Thread
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,344 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
I have a question for you all. The lawn queen on the far right. It has an interesting fuel system. We have not got this one running yet. The tank is below the carb. And it has two line in it. One going to the carb and one coming out of the crank case. Is this a pressurized fuel system?
That's exactly what it is, a crankcase pressurized fuel system. Definitely a different design that is not quite as simple as the gravity fed style.

I don't have any firsthand experience with this particular style fuel system on these engines, however I am going to quote Andrew Mackey from SmokStak who is more knowledgeable about it.

" A tapping is made into the top of the engine crankcase. A 90 degree ell with a check ball is installed, with the check keeping pressure in the tank from returning to the engine block. The 1/4" copper tubing leads to a tee installed in the top of the tank. The top of the tee has a check ball, loaded with a spring and a screw on top, and is vented to the atmosphere. The screw adjusts spring pressure. The assembly acts as a relief valve for excess pressure in the tank. The bottom connection connects the fuel to the carb, where a cork float determines fuel level in the carb."

"We donít look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." - 2 Corinthians 4:18 1958 Eclipse 32" Speedway l Restored Eclipse Sulky l 1947 Jacobsen 26" Lawn King Jacobsen 36-A Sulky Restored 1949 Jacobsen 20" Lawn Queen l Honda HRB215 l 1977 Economy Tractor l 1971 Bolens 1886-01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 12:27 PM

Hey Austen, remember that guy that showed up with a Lawn King that he tricked out with wide tires and chromed wheels over on the Jacobsen group? He had that system on his LK, and as I remember, he did a pretty good write up on it.

Found it! Here's how he described that system back in 2011.

"The "fuel pump" consists of a spring-loaded ball check valve, which allows pressure from the crankcase to enter the top of the fuel tank, via a second, adjustable, check valve, which acts as a fuel pressure regulator. That's right, adjustable fuel pressure, as long as the check valves function, the fuel cap seals properly"

I hope that helps you out with yours Bob.

Last edited by bwdbrn1; 02-18-2015 at 12:43 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,344 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdbrn1 View Post
Hey Austen, remember that guy that showed up with a Lawn King that he tricked out with wide tires and chromed wheels over on the Jacobsen group? He had that system on his LK, and as I remember, he did a pretty good write up on it.

I do remember, he had a one of a kind vision for the LK for sure. I remember that he ended up listing it for sale but I don't know if he sold it or not. Do you?

RE the fuel system, he did have a nice explanation of it. He had to make a new cork float and replace some of the spring(s) and check ball(s) due to corrosion I think.

What we're referring to, in case you're both wondering, is a Jacobsen specific group on Yahoo. It's not very active but it has some good information in the archives, database and a cool photo gallery. Here's the link if you'd like to join. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...equipment/info

"We donít look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." - 2 Corinthians 4:18 1958 Eclipse 32" Speedway l Restored Eclipse Sulky l 1947 Jacobsen 26" Lawn King Jacobsen 36-A Sulky Restored 1949 Jacobsen 20" Lawn Queen l Honda HRB215 l 1977 Economy Tractor l 1971 Bolens 1886-01
The Following User Says Thank You to Austen For This Useful Post:
LawnQueen (02-18-2015)
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 12:57 PM

That's the one. Never did know if he actually sold it or not.

Hope Bob and Lawn Queen get that one of theirs up and running soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to bwdbrn1 For This Useful Post:
Austen (02-18-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page