1863 Cub Cadet Issue - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

1863 Cub Cadet Issue

Hello I'm hoping someone could help me futher here with my 1863 Cub issue. My Tractor does not want to stay running. It's an 18Hp CH Kohler. Its starts right up then dies maybe 5 seconds tops running. I bypassed the seat safety switches no change. Then I realized I can keep it running however if low idle with choke on. Checked fuel flow it s good. I get it to operating rpms dies immediately. Under the carb plate I accessed the red solenoid wire bypassed straight to the battery started and stays running with no problems at full throttle. Has anyone had this issue and solved it that could help me further? I know i may have a short or something along those lines. But maybe there s something here to look directly at. Only other thing I could add is that last time I used i noticed the batt +/- indicator came on periodically but battery has full charge. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 05:05 AM

I have read that the 1863 fuel solenoid draws power through two different circuits, one in start and another in run. It may be that your solenoid is getting power in start and losing it in run. There is a diagram here that shows the two wires going to the solenoid. https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/...ad.php?t=20021 Hope this helps.
Cannon
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much for that diagram. It will definitely help. I 'll let you know what I find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page