Howard Price Turf Blazer - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
All Other Brands A place for any brand that does not have it's own dedicated forum

3Likes
  • 3 Post By erehtuo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Howard Price Turf Blazer

I picked up this mower about two months ago and have used it a few times so far. Thing is a beast though.

Howard Price Turf Blazer with a 48" deck.

It's got a Kawaski FB460V

And pretty basic controls with the pistol grips

And Velke

I've never owned a walk behind like this and the 48" is really overkill for my yard but ztr's were way beyond what I wanted to spend and this actually turns pretty good for the tight turns I wanted to be able to make around my yard.

I had found limited information on my mower after I got it and saved a few docs. If I get my computer working again I'll share them here. From what I found I think my mower is a 1994.

I've changed the oil in it so far and will be doing a new spark plug, air/fuel filter soon. It was greaesed up right before i bought it. Anything else I should do to keep this thing running around?

I'm a bit worried about getting belts for it because it's Howard Price but figure I can find something about the same after measuring what's needed with rope. I guess I'll just deal with that if/when a belt breaks.

Starts up pretty good most of the time but did give me issue last time. I think the choke was sticky, which was an issue with the FB460V from what I read. A little starter fluid and it fired right up.

Also the safety lever on the left had been frozen when I got it but has since worked itself loose.

Guy I got it from had it sitting for a few year and before that he cut his yard and a cemetery. I think he picked it up after it had been used commercially.

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with it so far. Works well with a smaller push mower and trimmer for the tighter stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Austen, Mark / Ohio and wh55 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,344 Times in 1,049 Posts
Cool stuff! I'm sure it'll last you a long time. It's nice to have commercial grade equipment like that.

"We donít look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." - 2 Corinthians 4:18 1958 Eclipse 32" Speedway l Restored Eclipse Sulky l 1947 Jacobsen 26" Lawn King Jacobsen 36-A Sulky Restored 1949 Jacobsen 20" Lawn Queen l Honda HRB215 l 1977 Economy Tractor l 1971 Bolens 1886-01
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,228 Times in 1,134 Posts
That's a nice unit!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead12 View Post
That's a nice unit!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page