I'm sure you know this because it seems like you've used the mower a few times before. But I just picked my first WE261 up a few weeks ago. It appeared to have been another one that was used a few times and sat outside. All I had to do was put a plug in it, check the gaps on the alternator, coil, and replace the carburetor. It cost about $15 total. I didn't even need to change the oil. When I got it from the previous owner he showed me it cranked without the key when gas was put it in the carb. I took it home and replaced all that and then I couldn't get it to fire. It wasn't showing any spark or if it was I couldn't see it in the tester. I finally charged up the little battery and it cranked over with the key and me sitting in the seat with the pedal pushed down. But I still couldn't pull start it. Turned out I didn't realize that the parking brake had to be pushed and locked in to pull start it. Not saying that's what's going on with yours but I couldn't believe that's what happened with mine. It runs perfect, first pull, riding perfect is another story.