Heads Up On LB/Kohler Service Bulletin - Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum
Lawn Mower Main Forum This is the main MyLawnMower Forum discussion forum. Here you can discuss the latest lawnmowers, and other lawn care machinery.

5Likes
  • 3 Post By N84434
  • 2 Post By N84434

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Heads Up On LB/Kohler Service Bulletin

I got my Big Box LB 10734 out of the garage to mow for the first time about a month ago and noticed that the fuel tank filler neck was now oblong shaped and the cap was hard to get on/off.
After figuring out that fuel was leaking out of the tank because of the poor seal around the neck, I called LB to see if there was any kind of warranty coverage on this. The nice lady told me that, yes, there is a service bulletin out on the Kohler 6.5 engine fuel tank, which had a manufacturing defect. She tells me to take it to the "authorized" repair facility and it'll have a new tank installed.
So, I took it over to my local LB dealer and sure enough, he ordered the tank, installed it and I was back in business within a week. No charge.
I'm not sure which models are covered, but anything that uses that Kohler 6.5 OHV engine would probably have the same fuel tank installed.
Mark / Ohio, Grunt and jtclays like this.

2 Cycle Power Products Fanatic
The Following User Says Thank You to N84434 For This Useful Post:
Mark / Ohio (05-22-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

I wanted to bump this thread if anyone is in need. It's been a month since I got the Lawn Boy back from the shop, and it's been fine. No leaks at all.
Mark / Ohio and jtclays like this.

2 Cycle Power Products Fanatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lawn Mower Forums : Lawnmower Reviews, Repair, Pricing and Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page