My Lawnmower Forum banner

Was very nice out today so brought the JD out.

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Ericjr16 
#1 · (Edited)
I got home from a mandatory DR visit this morning. It wasn't enjoyable and was in pain and upset some, so OUT CAME THE 180!! She always cheers me up! It did not start as battery was low, might be going bad. With dad's help I got jumpbox on it and fired up after a prime. Been thinking of adding grip tape to footrests and wet sanding the paint to get the blemishes out. Well I FAILED somewhat! I learns a real good lesson and thought I was careful but wasn't enough. I Buffed and sanded through some edges of paint! I thought the paint was heavier than it actually was! :( My mistake but at least mistake on MY Machine!
I kinda got a Gas Monkey patina look going now on hood! :) Thank God it could have been worse and we can always restore it again!
Glad I did not do video of the process, Id been real ticked sounding I bet! Also found two cracks in fender pan by pedals??

Finished video.

See less See more
3 10
#2 ·
Bryan, you're famous!! :) It sounds like you even texted Eric while he was attempting to start it at first to make sure it's already to go when you arrive.

I kinda got a Gas Monkey patina look going now on hood!
Haha, yeah, they did kind of originate that idea, huh.

Thank God it could have been worse and we can always restore it again!
That's the spirit!

Glad I did not do video of the process, Id been real ticked sounding I bet! Also found two cracks in fender pan by pedals??
Ahh, wouldn't it have made it more interesting though!?

#5 ·
Bryan, you're famous!! :) It sounds like you even texted Eric while he was attempting to start it at first to make sure it's already to go when you arrive.
How did you guess??? :tango_face_devil:

I will sleep good tonight with sweet dreams after seeing MY baby pulled out, ran, cleaned up, and ready for transport!

Nobody puts baby in the corner, I mean shed! BAWAHAHA

It gave me goose bumps hearing her purrrrrrrr... Come to papa!

That Bryan you say Eric? The nut you say? Yeah you're right, your gonna have to watch that 180. I'm thinking about unleashing a couple of more brown bears around the house to distract you while I make off with the JD. :motorcycle::Aetsch::Wave:

#3 ·
Not for our G-rated forum! I am an ex mechanic!!! ;)

#7 ·
The text you heard was possibly reason I screwed up paint. Guy started calling/texting me about buying the Repainted LT2000. Guy was nice at first, asking best price. All he cared about was our lowest price. Got kinda rude acting in my opinion. Stated nicely our price and that I do know it is a 20 year old machine? He passed as we did not like his $200 off our price? I texted back thanks and God bless. Then he has nerve to offer $50 more and asking for delivery over 2 hours away in Pocono PA!? Can't make this up!!

#9 ·
Bwhaha! Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.